For most of us, the years we spent at Rancho served as the foundation for our adult lives. That foundation may have been laid as early as the mid-fifties, when Rancho came into being, or as late as the start of the twenty-first century. Regardless of when we attended Rancho, it provided our early direction into adulthood and allowed us to establish friendships that will last a lifetime.
Currently, Rancho has an erollment of more than 2,400 students. In addition to providing the curriculum needs of a traditional high school, Rancho has become a magnet school which provides a unique curriculum to meet the needs of the Academy of Aerospace & Aviation and the Academy of Medical & Allied Health Professionals magnet programs for more than 750 students.
Rancho, like most high schools across the country needs your assistance. As a former Rancho student, are you willing to join other Alumni to ensure that current and future Rancho students have the same opportunities that each of us have had? With your help, the RHS Alumni Association hopes to establish and maintain programs to:
* Adequately prepare RHS students for proficiency exams and college entrance exams by providing tutorials and other educational materials and assistance.
* Raise money to assist RHS in obtaining needed supplies, equipment and other out-of-budget projects to help ensure the quality of education at RHS.
* Establish mentoring opportunities for RHS students with Alumni.
*Provide job-shadowing opportunities for RHS students with Alumni and others in the community.
* Get and keep current students and Alumni involved in their school and their community.
* Make scholarships available to deserving and needy graduating seniors.
* Maintain records of all Alumni for future events.
* Produce a newsletter to keep Alumni informed of Alumni events, Alumni accomplishments and post-high school happenings.
* Encourage RHS students to graduate and go on to college or a trade school.
In addition to the opportunity for current RHS students to interact with Alumni, Alumni will have the opportunity to reconnect with one another, through homecoming events, Alumni socials and other fun and educational activities.
If you would like to get involved and join the Association, please hit the “Participate” button on the home page and complete the requested information. You can also e-mail the Alumni Association at firstname.lastname@example.org. Membership dues are $25 per year.
If you can’t get involved now, but would like to donate to the Association to help the Association in its worthwhile endeavors, please let us know.
Thank you in advance for your support!
The Alumni Board